Friday, August 7, 2009

Getting Ready for the New School Year

I'm glad to be back! We are ready to get started with 8th grade. I can't believe it, the past two years have gone by so quickly. This year we are using a mish mash of resources but still following the trivium theory. I found a great book at the library yesterday and I think after reviewing it, I want to buy it. It is titled, The Well-Trained Mind: A Guide to Classical Education at Home (Third Editition)by Susan Wise Bauer and Jessie Wise. The authors are mother and daughter.

This year we will be using Saxon Math 8/7, A Beka Grammar and Composition (finishing it up from the middle of last year), Logic, Bible, Bob Jones University Life Science, A Beka World History and Geography, Latin (from a DVD), and for the beginning of reading we are going to read The 5000 Year Leap: A Miracle That Changed the World.

I wish the best to all of you as we begin our journey again.

No comments: