Sunday, September 2, 2007

Peace in Our Home - I

“Mom, I have homework!”

Imagine your world, as a family without those dreaded words.

And others, like “I can’t do this”, or “I need glue, a poster board, and markers, tonight”.

You’ve heard that or some form of complaint, request, or demand at the end of a very busy day or worst of all, on Sunday evening.

Homeschooling is, in a word, peaceful. Our schedule is just that, ours. Homework is the work we do in our home during school time, not at the end of a very busy day.

Homework is not arbitrary, busy work assigned to do just that, keep children and parents busy. “I can’t do this” is replaced with “Mom, may I have some help”, and “I need….” Becomes “Let’s see what we have that we can use”.

Your most important duty as a parent is to train your children in the way they should go, and they will not stray from it.

Consider how your life would be if you could describe it as PEACFUL. Homeschool can be the answer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great viewpoint, Jahnis. Looking forward to learning of the details of your homeshooling progress.

How many children are you homeschooling?

Janice said...

Thanks Jonathan. We have one child, he is 11, almost 12. Keep watching for more details about our days....